Aloha and Welcome

If you're here then you must have clicked on the wrong link some where back there.... If you are here on your own volition then you must be interested in the progress of our Danish/Vietnamese house. Its been a long, dusty road filled with saw dust, wood glue and BUCKETS of dry wall mud. But with each pass of the sand paper our house is looking like what we dreamed it to be.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The KITCHEN

 Starting off on a good foot let me show you some of what the kitchen now looks like.  Still more work to be done but thank you baby jeebus that we now have a working stove, dish washer, fridge and microwave/hood.  I think I was going to have a knock down drag out fight with our electric griddle.  Danish Man (the hubby) did a great job on the blue glass tile back splash.  He installed it all by himself.  Quite the pat on the back.  The cabinets were installed by him as well.  He's definitely a keeper.  A Danish version of Bob the Builder.  Some of the cabinets and drawers now have handles on them so I don't break finger nails trying to pry open the drawers.  So much more storage room now and in reality I'm can't wait to have a fully clean, fully stocked kitchen!!!!!  I freaking live in my kitchen baking.  Which I did with so much pumpkin goodness.  That's another post for another time.  What's left to do now is for the window sill to be installed and the walls to be painted.  But that doesn't happen till all the walls in the living room and dining room are dry walled and sanded.  The house looks like a pound of cocaine exploded.  Danish Man has vacuumed up most of it but there is still a fine layer of dust that needs to be cleaned up.  I think we maybe picking out paint colors this weekend. 
I long for the day when I can walk BARE footed on my own house.  Ahhh dreams.....  Can you see the sink on the above picture, its absolutely gorgeous and awesome.  The sink and the fridge are my favorite appliances for the house.  Don't get me wrong the coffee maker and stand mixer are my favs as well.  But those are in another category.   Danish man and I are beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment